Pages

jeudi 23 janvier 2014

Patti LaBelle on Diva: These Little Heifers Who Can't Sing Are Divas?


Patti LaBelle says being called a diva isn't cute anymore - especially when heifers who can't sing are deemed divas. "That word is used so loosely that I don't even consider myself a diva. I always considered myself a woman who sings her heart out and who gives 120 percent. "Diva" is a word that I wouldn't wanna call myself because it's so loosely used. It's not cute anymore," LaBelle told Pride Source during a very open and honest interview this week. While LaBelle didn't name names, events or organizations, she has a valid point. Many a music fan had something to say when it came to controversial "VH1 Divas" line ups (for example). When asked if there is a negative connotation when it comes to the word 'diva," LaBelle said: "Yeah, because all these little heifers who can't sing are called divas! It doesn't mean anything to me and probably to some of the other ladies who have been doing it for as long as I have: Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick. You know, I'm speaking for me - I don't know if they like to be called divas - but I know I wouldn't call them divas, because it's not in good company," said LaBelle.

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire