Pages

jeudi 6 mars 2014

Ashanti Tapped to Perform National Anthem at Pacquiao/Bradley Rematch, Drops New Album


Ashanti will create some awareness around her newly released album, Braveheart, by singing the National Anthem at the upcoming Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley, Jr. bout, a rematch between the two world class fighters. “I’m such a huge fan of Manny Pacquiao! I have family in the boxing business – Howard Davis, Jr. and Dyah Davis,” said Ashanti. “When I found out we were sitting next to each other courtside at the Knicks game, I said to my Dad, ‘We should take a picture!’ I told Manny I was a big fan and was so excited when he asked me to sing the National Anthem at his upcoming fight and I can’t wait. I actually love boxing! Manny’s such a champion and I can’t wait to cheer him on!” “Ashanti and I first met on February 5 in New York when we found ourselves sitting next to each other courtside at a Knicks game,” said Pacquiao. “I told her I was a big fan and asked her if she would sing the U.S. National Anthem at my fight against Timothy Bradley. She quickly checked her schedule and then said she could and she would. The Knicks may have lost that night but I felt like the biggest winner in the world when I walked out of Madison Square Garden.” The welterweight title fight will broadcast live Saturday, April 12, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT. In related news, Ashanti released her much-delayed album Braveheart today via her label Written Entertainment. The set is led by the singles "Never Should Have," "I Got It," featuring Rick Ross, and "First Real Love," featuring Beenie Man.

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire