Pages

mercredi 8 janvier 2014

Drake's Posthumous Aaliyah Album Scrapped?


A posthumous Aaliyah album by rapper Drake will no longer be released. Confirming the news to VIBE, Drake’s producer Noah '40' Shebib says he backed out of the project because of all the negative attention they were receiving. “The world reacting to Drake's involvement so negatively, I just wanted nothing to do with it,” said 40, who also added, “[Aaliyah's] mother saying 'I don't want this out' was enough for me. I walked away very quickly.” Prior to 40’s declaration, the album had already produced the cut “Enough Said,” which received mixed reviews due to the project’s sensitivity. 40 insist it wasn't all bad; admitting that Timbaland, who previously said only he and Missy should work on Aaliyah's music, gave him the green light. He adds: “[Timbaland] said to me, 'Don't stop, make the album.' I think that was Tim taking the position of, 'I'm not going to stop you. If you're not going to do it, that's your decision'. But ultimately, I wasn't comfortable and didn't like the stigma.” Thoughts? Is this a relief, or do you want the album out?

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire