Pages

jeudi 19 décembre 2013

Lorde Reveals Dates For North American Tour, Talks Naked Singers


Lorde will circle through the U.S. and Canada next year (2014) for a 16-date trek. The North American tour will Kick off March 3rd at Austin Music Hall in Austin, Texas and hit big cities like Houston, Washington, DC, Philly, New York, and Chicago before wrapping on March 26th at Fox Theater in Oakland, California. The tour is in support of Lorde’s debut album, Pure Heroine, which spawned the Billboard Hot 100 hit single “Royals.” The album peaked at No. 3 on Billboard 200 after its release in September (2013). In related news, Lorde spoke with V magazine about why she wouldn’t strip down to promote her music, but she also insists that she doesn’t have a problem with the artists who does. "People like to paint me in a certain way, but I'm a hugely sex-positive person and I have nothing against anyone getting naked,” she says. “For me personally I just don't think it really would complement my music in any way or help me tell a story any better. It's not like I have a problem with dancing around in undies - I think you can use that stuff in a hugely powerful way. It just hasn't felt necessary for me.” Tour dates: Mar. 3 - Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall Mar. 4 - Dallas, TX - Southside Ballroom Mar. 5 - Houston, TX- Bayou Mar. 7 - Washington, DC - Echostage Mar. 8 - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre Mar. 11 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom Mar. 12 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom Mar. 14 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Mar. 15 - Toronto, Ontario - Sound Academy Mar. 16 - Detroit, MI - Fillmore Mar. 18 - Chicago, IL - Aragon Mar. 20 - St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House Mar. 21 - Kansas City, MO - Arvest Bank Theatre Mar. 22 - Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium Mar. 24 - Seattle, WA - WAMU Theater Mar. 26 - Oakland, CA - Fox

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire