Pages

mercredi 19 février 2014

No Big Voice, No Problem! Rihanna Talks Key to Music Success and Popularity


One of the best ways to find success in whatever it is that you're doing is knowing your weakness and either being able to fix it or find a way to cancel it out. For superstar Rihanna, the latter has been the driving force in her illustrious and historical music career. In a new interview with U.S. Vogue magazine, which she also covers (March 2014 issue), the Bajan beauty opened up about the character of her voice, insisting she had to find other ways to express herself to stand out in the crowd. “It's not all down to my voice. There's people with way more talent than I when it comes to singing. Bigger voices,” she tells the mag. “But people want to know who you are. Fashion is a clear indication, a way to express your attitude, your mood...” Now, we all know Rihanna’s voice isn’t competitive with a Beyoncé, Toni Braxton or the late Whitney Houston, but what we do know is that she knows how to make/pick great music. And for Rihanna, the music has always been her first love. She tells Vogue, “I did sing a lot as a child. A lot. I practiced hard to maneuver my voice. I love singing. I love it, and it doesn't feel like a chore. It's an expression. The fame and notoriety were just an added bonus. She adds, “I never wanted to be famous. I just wanted my music to be heard all over the world. Then it happened and the fame came with it. I can't ever imagine feeling used to it.” As far as using fashion as a platform for her success, Rihanna adds, “I don't go out of my way to be a rebel or to have that perception, but a lot of the decisions I make, a lot of the direction I want to move, is against the grain, or against society's tight lane, and I'm aware of that sometimes. It might not be fitting with the norm, but that's Ok for me.” With almost a decade in music, Rihanna, who signed with Def Jam when she was 17 years old, is definitely doing something right! Check her resume!

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire